Saturday, May 12, 2012

Just Another Frantic Friday

How did May get so stinkin' busy? Back in January, after a nice long Christmas break, I was all, "Just get me through April, Lord!" And, make no mistake, April was b-i-z-z-y. In fact, April's busy-ness actually began in March with a week-long trip to North Carolina for training in my new role as a Support Manager with Classical Conversations. It was a great time of deep thinking surrounded by some really brilliant folks who love God and are passionate about Christian, Classical home education. The highlights for me, by far, were the long, deep discussions I had with CC's founder, Leigh Bortins. Her determination to equip and inspire parents to disciple their children unto the Lord is unflagging, and the lengths to which she is personally willing to go to accomplish that is, in a word, awesome. Of course, April was full of end-of-year homeschool stuff and prep work for the homeschool conventions, then came the actual 6-day stretch of the two events (color me pooped!), followed by a week of standardized tests, piano recitals and competitions and wrap-up/follow-up of the conventions. Next week, the kids and I will be joining CC families from OK and TX at Great Wolf Lodge, next Friday is Hannah's 21st birthday (WHAT!?!), then there's an OCHEC board meeting followed by a 3-day speaking engagement at a local homeschool event. I am by no means complaining. It's the good kind of busy, and most of what's on the calendar is stuff we do as a family, but I'm just caught a little off guard by how full this month has gotten. Around here, a full month seems to coincide with a full laundry hamper and an empty pantry. I must remedy both tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how to make it show up with paragraphs. I wrote this on the iPad, maybe I'm not holding my mouth right...

    ReplyDelete